Information about how to apply for the MSPI-program.
It is a good start to first look at:
Then find the application link for the MSPI masters program here. (Note: Swedish citizens and residents are also encouraged to apply during the international application round using UniversityAdmissions.se / Antagning.se).
For information on scholarship opportunities, see the Scholarships and Funding information page.
See below for some extra info on the application procedure.
This programme has a two-step application process for international applicants:
Apply on-line via UniversityAdmissions.se, Sweden’s national application system. Before applying, make sure you read all instructions from BTH for prospective students, as well as the guidance posted at UniversityAdmissions.se.
A direct link to our programme at UniversityAdmissions.se can be found here. Please be sure that when you apply online that you carefully rank the programmes to which you apply. If you are accepted by your top ranked programme, you will not have the option to attend any lower ranked options, even if you would have been accepted by these lower ranked programmes.
The online applications are officially open from November 11, 2015 to January 15, 2016. Please be sure to apply online on-time, otherwise your application will be considered late, and will most likely not be considered.
Step 2: Send by post or courier the information as outlined below (complete with your registration number received in Step 1). Your documents must be sent to**:
University Admissions in Sweden
SE – 839 87 Östersund
It is also possible to submit the information electronically. See information at UniversityAdmissions.se.
** Do not send these document to the MSPI Office nor to BTH Admissions Office. Note that many courier companies (e.g. DHL, FedEx, etc.) have declined to deliver documents to University Studies in Sweden. Unfortunately, this is outside our control, so please contact your local courier company early to confirm whether or not they can deliver. Plan ahead!
Applications by all international students must meet standard requirements established by the UniversityAdmissions.se AND specific requirements related to this Master’s programme as listed below.
All documentation must be received prior to February 1, 2016. Late documents will most likely not be considered.
More information about documentation requirements at UniversityAdmissions.se.
1. General Requirements for all International Master’s Students at Blekinge Institute of Technology:
a) An online application form is available at UniversityAdmissions.se and will cover the criteria listed below:
- Your full name and permanent contact address, email address, fax, telephone number, passport number (and Swedish identity number, if available)
b) UniversityAdmissions.se must also receive:
- University graduation certificate; Bachelors degree or higher education
- University transcripts (course lists), i.e. subjects from each semester containing marks/grades
- Where English is not your native language, certificate from specific eligibility in English language, scoring at English B level. See here for more info on English requirements.
- A scanned copy of your passport
**For details about the official documents you must submit, please click here. Note that certain countries have special requirements for how the documents should be sent. Also note that there are certain exemptions (see them here) from the proof of English ability requirements. BTH and the MSPI staff cannot assist with further exemptions, so please contact UniversityAdmissions.se to discuss your case.
2. Specific requirements related to the Sustainable Product-Service System Innovation (MSPI) programme:
(Please mail these along with any other mailed documents)
- An essay explaining your interest in the programme and providing some information on your relevant personal or professional experience – maximum 5 pages / 2500 words.
- Written recommendations from two individuals knowledgeable about your skills and abilities. You may receive these directly and place them in the package of all documents.
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume) – maximum 2 pages
Please visit the BTH info pages for prospective students and/or the Frequently Asked Questions page from UniversityAdmissions.se for all issues related to documentation. The MSPI Office is not able to assist in these matters. If your question is not answered by the Frequently Asked Questions pages, please contact the MSPI office for special assistance – note that this might take a bit longer for follow up.
Key dates for applications and admissions
For more information on the important dates,for both applications and admissions (i.e. When will I know if I’m admitted?), please visit BTH’s key dates section. Be sure to scroll down to Master’s degree dates!